NEWS & Upcoming Troop Activities-> SEE FULL CALENDAR
Klondike Derby - Friday, February 26th - Sunday, February 28th
- OPERATION POLAR BEAR XV (KLONDIKE DERBY)
- Pine Hill Scout Reservation
- A Klondike Derby is a one-day competitive event, which uses sledges and Klondike
Gold Rush themes to complete a multiple “city” course and sledge race, challenging
each sled team’s skills and teamwork. The purpose of the Derby is first, a grand
outdoor winter adventure full of fun and surprises, and second, a way for Scouts
to test their basic camping and survival skills.
- Only in the case of extreme bad weather will the Derby be postponed or canceled.
- Costs - $11.00 per adult; $11.00 per scout; $8.00 per Webelos
- All money needs to be into Mrs. Applegate by Monday, February 22nd.
- Adult Lead - Wes Perkins
Shawnee Ski Trip - Saturday, March 12th - Sunday, March 13th
- All Participants will meet at the church early Saturday morning. Saturday will be a
full day of skiing followed by a pizza dinner out and an overnight stay at the KOA
Campground (Delaware Water Gap). The Pavilion is reserved which is one large room
that we all stay in together. Our Sunday will start with a wholesome greasy diner
breakfast followed by a three to four hour hike to work off the calories. Part way
home we'll stop for a quick lunch and return to the church mid afternoon.
- Costs - $130 - $150 per person depending on number of participants. Plus breakfast and
- All money needs to be into Mrs. Applegate by Monday, March 7th.
- Drivers needed - Please let Ed know if you can drive and how many open seats
you have in your vehicle.
- Adult Lead - Ed Beitel
*** NOTE: This trip is not offered to scouts that just crossed over. They will
need to hold off one year as they get more acclimated with our Troop.
Easter Flower Sale - Friday, March 25th and Saturday, March 26th
- Please pay attention for announcements and e-mails in the coming weeks.
- Adult Leads - Karen Kaighn and Susan Minshall
Washington DC Trip - Thursday, March 31st - Sunday, April 3rd
- Annual troop spring break trip to Washington DC.
-- March 31 - Travel day and camp set up
-- April 1st - Mt. Vernon - George Washington's home
-- April 2nd - Day at historic sites in DC
-- April 3rd - Marine Corps Museum - travel home
- Cost - approximate - $80 and scouts will need spending money for lunches.
- Adult Lead - George Youngkin
*** NOTE: FOR NEW SCOUTS THAT JUST CROSSED OVER, A PARENT WILL
NEED AT ATTEND.
White Water Rafting - Lehigh River - Friday, June 24th - Sunday, June 26th
- Dam Release Weekend
- Cost - $90 approximate
- Adult Lead - George Youngkin
*** NOTE: BSA swimmers test is REQUIRED. Date and time to follow.
Yawgoog Summer Camp - Sunday, July 17th - Saturday, July 23rd
- Please get your physical's completed ASAP!
--> Due to John Scannell by June 20th - NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Cost: $430
---> $25.00 Deposit due by April 18th or earlier.
- Adult Lead - John Scannell
Building a Labyrinth for St. Peter's Episcopal Church - August 2016
- Still in the organizing stages, more info to follow.
- Adult Lead - Ellen Sterbenz
Movies in the Park - Freedom Park - June - August 2016
- Tuesdays, 7:30 - 10:30
- Boy scouts will be helping out with movies in the park again this year.
- Scouts need to set-up and break down all movie equipment.
- Possibly do some selling of trinkets.
- Sign up sheets will be sent out as we get closer.
- Adult lead - Ellen Sterbenz